Powerkiting is a sport accessible to pretty much everyone from 6 years old and up. It is an exhilarating experience harnessing the power of the wind. Whether it is for a bit of fun on the beach whilst on holiday or to progress further towards kitesurfing or kite land boarding, then a powerkite lesson is a great way to start!
Powerkiting is one of the fastest growing beach activities in the UK, is great exercise and you don’t need to be particularly fit or strong. You will definitely feel the buzz and maybe feel a little ache here and there afterwards but it’s a ‘good’ aching feeling!
Lessons from Ocean High will get you flying kites and having fun straight away but you will also learn about the safety considerations needed to be a competent kite flyer.
- 2 hours (minimum of 2 people): £30 per person
- 3 hours (minimum of 2 people): £40 per person
- Full day (minimum of 2 people): £80 per person
- 10% discount for group bookings of 4 people
- Setup – rigging and ground handling skills
- Pre-flight and safety checks of equipment
- Launching and landing with assistance or independently
- Use of kite leash and safety systems
- Piloting in the wind window and power zone. Understanding key areas and safety
- Simulate change of direction using a top turn
- Untwisting lines while kite is flying
- Landing the kite alone
- Safety pack down
- Walk across the wind with the kite to simulate traction
Alternatively, please complete the form below and we will contact you about a Powerkiting course with Ocean High.